Tis’ the season for holiday cheer and connections. Once December rolls around we are immediately reminded of the classic holiday greeting card. The holiday cards are a great format to get your message across, from personal to business. It draws attention, is festive, and can provide a good opportunity to connect with the receiver.
Yes, Christmas cards are still a thing. In the US alone people are estimated to spend around $29 dollars on holiday cards and postage. Linkcard has a better offer for your holiday needs!
Try digital cards, just one works for anything you need and is more versatile than you can imagine.
Digital Holiday cards vs paper cards
Digital holiday and Christmas cards are the better choice because they offer clear benefits over the classical paper ones.
Digital holiday cards are better for:
- Sending bulk holiday greetings
- Company holiday cards
- School holiday cards
- Sending cards for business contacts
- Letting people know about sales
- Cutting expenses on printing and postage
- Updating, editing, and send as many times as you want
- Add cards to your emails
- Sharing on social media
Paper cards can still be useful for:
- Formal events
- A limited number of senders
The top happy holiday’s card ideas
Ok, so you decided to send a digital card for the holidays, now you need help creating it.
The best way to create a holiday card is to be yourself.
Introduce themes related to the date, family, caring, togetherness, and celebration. Here are some ideas to get you started with your next holiday greeting card:
- Use pictures of yourself and your family
- Keep copy short and sweet
- Add links to shop, sales, or video for extra effect
- Use classical themes like snow, Santa, Hanukkah, or pop culture inspiration like Charlie Brown
- Be funny, use inside jokes with family, or wholesome gags for other connections
How to make your Christmas or holiday cards stand out?
Digital cards offer the advantage of being able to edit, add moving images, add features, and personalize. So, there are a lot of ways of making your holiday greeting cards pop. The best strategy when it comes to designing the perfect holiday card is to take it to step by step.
Choosing a Christmas card message
The first thing you will need to do is choose a message to go with your card. This is important because it sets the tone for the rest of the card. A jolly Christmas pun will go well with a lighter design, while a corporate card will need more formal details.
Consider the answers to these questions when choosing your message:
- Who is sending the card? Meaning is it personal or business.
- Who is the target audience?
- What do you want to say? For example, Happy holidays, and please check out our sale.
Personalize with colors and images
Make one of Linkcard’s Holiday card template your own with images from your library, color schemes, and logos. The more personality you show the better. These are super easy to edit and change, plus you can update them with new information whenever you need to.
Add features to your digital card
One of the biggest advantages of using digital greeting cards over paper ones is that you get to add features to make them interactive and more connected. This makes them a perfect opportunity for marketing your business, a special product, or using them for branding purposes.
- Add links to your social media to increase followers and keep people updated on your seasonal sales, events, and products.
- Invite people to your holiday parties by adding the information to the card
- Connect your digital cards with your online store for sales and promos
- Turn your holiday cards into email signatures for more marketing opportunities
- Add your information to get in contact with people
- So much more!
How to share holiday cards on social media and WhatsApp?
Digital holiday cards are very easy to share, especially if you create yours with Linkcard. All you have to do is publish the card and copy the link, then paste that link on your social media posts or WhatsApp conversation, and you are done!
Sending digital holiday greeting cards has never been easier or more useful than now.
Happy holidays to you!